Pictured: Looking East from the 200 Block on Georgia Street in Vallejo, the 4-story building on the left is Farragut Hall, 4-story building on the right is an apartment building, both torn down in 1950 redevelopment. The long building in next the block was Levee's Department Store on the corner of Georgia and Sacramento Streets. The present building on this site is a replacement built in the 1950's.
Photo courtesy of Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum
Francisca Benicia Carillo de Vallejo (1815-1891) was born into a prominent family at the Presidio of San Diego in 1815. She married Mariano Vallejo in 1832. The following year, the young couple was posted to the Presidio in San Francisco. The city of Benicia was named in her honor. Photo courtesy of the Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum.